Elder Foote

Elder Foote

Friday, January 6, 2017

E Ai?



Hey everyone. So the same things happen every week. I'll tell you my highlights. So the other day when we teach our lessons, we have other teachers come in sometimes to watch us and like 3 are cool and all the rest stand over you and bug you all the time. Well,  one came in and I was writing my introduction/testimony for the first Sunday in the field because our president said we would need to introduce ourselves. So I'm doing that until I have to go teach and then this lady is like getting all up on me on why I didn't write out my lesson. This is all in Portuguese and then she's like lecturing me on why I have to and made me read something in preach my gospel. Then I'm getting mad and I start arguing back all in Portuguese and my class is watching and some of them are laughing and this goes on for thirty minutes straight until I had to teach. I opened up my preach my gospel and told her I'm preparing myself for the field and had her read a section of relying on the spirit and totally killed her, but she kept telling me I had to write it down. I looked at her and said no and then left and went to go teach my lesson all in Portuguese. Guess what? It was probably my best lesson and the spirit was there way strong and every time I teach I bring my English preach my gospel and that's it, I translate it out for the investigator. It's pretty strange on how I do it, but it works.


New Years wasn't special. We went to bed at 8 cause I didn't care to do anything lol. Got a lot of sleep. I'm still super sick and none of this Brazilian/American medicine has helped. Not much I can do now. I leave for the field on Tuesday then my next P day will be that upcoming Monday. Super stoked and love you all. Have a safe week





No comments:

Post a Comment